Delayed train policy/passenger rights

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! Given the EB OTP I've been worried. Taking the train to WAS for my family was an experience they didn't want to miss, but we would really need to make the connection in CHI or we'd miss our other reservations in DC.
Travelin Gal,

I just want to be clear here. Guaranteed means that Amtrak guarantees to get you there, eventually. It does not mean that you will make the connection. If you miss the connection, Amtrak guarantees to take care of you. That could mean a bus, it could mean holding the other train, or it could mean that they put you up in a hotel for the night and send you out on the next day's train.

But it does not mean that you are 100% guaranteed to make that connection on that day.

Thank you for the clarification, Alan! I guess I'll start looking up airfares, cause past history is showing that the EB can't make it in time to connect to the Capital Limited in Chicago.

If you would be okay with getting to Washington at the end of the day instead of around noon, Amtrak could also route you via the Lake Shore Limited and then a Regional (assuming the EB doesn't arrive at CHI after 9:30).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back