Definition of "long term" parking in free lots

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anir dendroica

OBS Chief
I've done a number of long trips out of Albany, OR and have always had someone take me to the station, but this weekend I am heading to Seattle for three days and I see that the Albany station has 50 free long-term (defined on the website as "overnight") parking spaces.

Does anyone know what sort of time limit (if any) Amtrak enforces at their stations with free lots?

I might try calling Amtrak, but since I can't find a number for the Albany station and I'll be leaving when the station is closed I thought I would ask here.

Mark

I've stayed at the Omaha Amtrak station (well, my car has) from Friday night, a full week, and then the Monday morning following that weekend. So 10 nights, 9 days.

There was no ticket, though someone did leave a note saying they accidentally ran into my car (with a number). Didn't feel the need to worry about it, though, as it's an older car with some other cosmetic wear and tear already.

In the case of ALY, doesn't the city own the station? Maybe the city of Albany could answer your question about

parking.

My home station of Newton Kansas has a free lot. When you arrive at the station the ticket agent takes your car tag number and the date you are returning. I have left my car there in the small town for as many as ten days.

I've done a number of long trips out of Albany, OR and have always had someone take me to the station, but this weekend I am heading to Seattle for three days and I see that the Albany station has 50 free long-term (defined on the website as "overnight") parking spaces.

Does anyone know what sort of time limit (if any) Amtrak enforces at their stations with free lots?

I might try calling Amtrak, but since I can't find a number for the Albany station and I'll be leaving when the station is closed I thought I would ask here.

Mark
It varies by the station. Tacoma has long term parking with no restrictions and no notification needed. Everett has long term spaces, but if you are going to be there over 72 hours, you need to fill out a little form with your license number and your return date. Talk to the agent at Albany.

I can't find a number for the Albany station and I'll be leaving when the station is closed I thought I would ask here.

Talk to the agent at Albany.
This would seem to require a separate trip to the train station, since the OP is leaving when the station isn't open. (The station in ALY is

open during "business hours" only and as such is not actually open for 3 of the 6 daily train departures.)

Mark, this website seems to have a local # for the Albany station.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-30850650-amtrakaly-albany

Thanks for the responses. I have word from the City of Albany that there is no time limit nor any paperwork required.

Mark

Cool! Enjoy the trip! I guess the other thing to worry about whether those spaces will actually be available when you show up....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back