Defect detectors

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelkfla

Engineer
I'm on 98. A bit south of Allenhurst GA, we passed through what appeared to be a metal shed. It caught me off guard, but I did notice what looked like an array of large LEDs just before exiting the shed. Is this some type of new advanced defect detector? On the scanner, I heard the usual CSX no defects recording, but in an unfamiliar female voice. It followed closely after one in the usual male voice.

I'm on 98. A bit south of Allenhurst GA, we passed through what appeared to be a metal shed. It caught me off guard, but I did notice what looked like an array of large LEDs just before exiting the shed. Is this some type of new advanced defect detector? On the scanner, I heard the usual CSX no defects recording, but in an unfamiliar female voice. It followed closely after one in the usual male voice.
Why don't you ask your conductor? Some of them might answer... 🤷‍♂️

Distant Signal talked about it last year in one of his videos. It starts at the 11:16 mark.

Back