Deboard early?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumbleweed

OBS Chief
We have a roomette reserved MTZ-SEA.....there is a possibility we may want to stop in SLM to visit relatives....if we get off in SLM, would there be a problem? We would just purchase coach tickets a day or so later to go on to SEA.....

Shouldn't be a problem unless you checked luggage; just let your attendant and conductor know you're getting off early.

Yeah. I do that all the time, like hop off at Trenton, while I have a ticket to Newark, e.g. to catch the last NJT train of the night to Metropark, while Cardinal is happily running hours late. :)

cool.gif

We have a roomette reserved MTZ-SEA.....there is a possibility we may want to stop in SLM to visit relatives....if we get off in SLM, would there be a problem? We would just purchase coach tickets a day or so later to go on to SEA.....
Why not just redo your rez and use the first part MYZ-SLM as booked in your Sleeper, then rebook in Coach from SLM-SEA on a Cascade or even the Starlite! No point in giving away $$$ to Amtrak! ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not just redo your rez and use the first part MYZ-SLM as booked in your Sleeper, then rebook in Coach from SLM-SEA on a Cascade or even the Starlite! No point in giving away $$ to Amtrak! ^_^
Good thought, but we don't know for sure what we'll do yet......and I wonder if I would still get a low bucket price if I did that....

I almost always book acela tix to BOS and then get off in PVD. I get more AGR points that way - and it was a trick taught to me by the traveler :) An excellent trick!

I almost always book acela tix to BOS and then get off in PVD. I get more AGR points that way - and it was a trick taught to me by the traveler :) An excellent trick!
Good point....the coach fare SLM-SEA is less than $50.00, so I will get the minimum of 100 points?
cool.gif
(plus the original fare points MTZ-SEA....
cool.gif
)

I have a similar question. I have a ticket in coach on the LSL from NYP to CHI. However, I might want to board the same train at ROC instead. Could I use my NYP-CHI ticket to board at ROC, assuming I print it out in advance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back