David Shows off Amtrak Coach Seating

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobnabq

Lead Service Attendant
I didn't see via search that this has been posted here, and it gives a good view (I think) of room in an Amtrak coach seat.

And, no.....I don't know who David is. :giggle:

I don't know who he is either but he's a good sport.

That does give the uninitiated a good idea of what to expect but....

I showed my husband numerous videos, pics, sites, etc. and he still didn't get it.

He's nowhere near 6'2" (like David) but he expected to stretch out and fully recline in his seat
blink.gif
laugh.gif

I didn't see via search that this has been posted here, and it gives a good view (I think) of room in an Amtrak coach seat.

And, no.....I don't know who David is. :giggle:

Some of the more adaptable passengers can achieve comfort in coach on LD trains while others like ourselves lean towards the sleepers. David looks really comfortable on that trip.

We find coach to be perfectly fine on trips up to 8 hours in length; plenty of legroom and a comfortable seat. For overnight trips though, the comfort of a bedroom is appealing to us. My wife has trouble sleeping on the train as it is, and won't do coach overnight. However, we know a few folks that have gone coast to coast in coach and they loved it. LD in coach is just a matter of taste and how well one can adjust. Most LD passengers do ride in coach.

and there's always the lounge car!

stick around past when everyone goes back to their seat room, and you can stretch out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back