DAL-CHI Trip Report

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drdumont

TRAINS, AMTRAK and TESLAS! I'm colorful, not crazy
AU Supporting Member
The Great (and may I add) sovereign State of Texas
6 August DAL-CHI Texas Eagle, Me, Christi (Daughter) and Kaleigh in a bedroom.
Presumably the "Food" is still garbage, so we are taking the usual supplies in the
Peltier cooler bag, the Keurig one cup machine and a starter bag of ice for my corn
squeezings. (Getting ice was like pulling teeth last time, maybe the SA will be better
this time). 99% are great, but that 1%, not so much.
Collapsible wheeled chair does triple duty - more comfortable than the foldup seat of
torture, works as a handy luggage carrier, and wonderful for the museum trips.
And of course my 2Meter/6Meter HT...
10 Aug CHI-DAL Texas Eagle.
Trip went well, the Transfer Chair fits perfectly in the space where the uncomfortable chair is retracted. Best
idea I have had in ages. We shared it during the museum trips.
Food is still garbage, SCAs mostly inattentive, FSA frazzled trying to run two facilities. The "Snack Bar" was
not a snack bar, it was stuff laid out on two tables, the car was a standard diner with no builtin counter for the
"Snack Bar". I didn't even bother trying to go forward to investigate as we carry everything we need. The
coffee urn in the hallway was working, but I like my Cafe' Bustelo better.

The Eagle continues to be treated like the red headed step child, or at least like a rented mule.

The Dragon Lady not at the Chicago First Class lounge. Very pleasant attendant and surroundings. Some snacks and drinks, and
there is a small one man "bar" towards the rear, purveying intoxicants. Very pleasant place to while away the
time awaiting the train.

Back