CZ very late this week

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigval109

OBS Chief
CZ has been running 5,6 hrs late these pass few days. What happens to me if I miss both connections to washington DC? With the train running 5 to 6 hrs late I would have missed both connections to DC. I'm not up for spending the night in the train station.

CZ has been running 5,6 hrs late these pass few days. What happens to me if I miss both connections to washington DC? With the train running 5 to 6 hrs late I would have missed both connections to DC. I'm not up for spending the night in the train station.
Amtrak will put you up in a hotel in Chicago and give you some money to buy food. Then they'll put you on the next day's train.

I'll also mention that five hours would still work, perhaps even getting close to 6 and you'll still make the connection, as Amtrak will hold the Lake Shore Limited and if it's running on that day the Cardinal. So you would still make it if you are 5 hours + late. More than 6 though and they won't hold anything and you'll most likely end up in a hotel.

I suppose if they have enough passengers needing to connect, that they might rent a bus and put you on the bus to connect with the other train. But I don't think that happens very often though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back