CZ Omaha - Davis CA & back

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mucomix

Service Attendant
Tonight we just got in to Davis CA from Omaha. The train had the ever present toilet problems. I heard them call in a report over the scanner shortly after we left Omaha. It was the 532 car we were on. We just had a roomette not a real big deal. If I had a real room and the car had a VAC problem I would have been really POed. The Rocky & Sierra Range are cool nothing ells need be said. The Hallmark Inn near the station in Davis station is as good as one need’s and more. An open bar from 5-7pm. And we found a great sushi place to eat just a short walk north of the hotel and there are a number of places to eat. If one is just traveling for fun Davis is a nice town vs. Sacramento if it works for you.

We picked up a cool rail guide for the CZ by Eva J Hoffman during the Grand Junction dwell for track work. (We used the dead time to take a shower on a still train).

More in a few weeks. I’m on vacation now.

If you're still in Davis on Satuday morning be sure to hit the farmers market.

Tonight we just got in to Davis CA from Omaha. The train had the ever present toilet problems. I heard them call in a report over the scanner shortly after we left Omaha. It was the 532 car we were on. We just had a roomette not a real big deal. If I had a real room and the car had a VAC problem I would have been really POed. The Rocky & Sierra Range are cool nothing ells need be said. The Hallmark Inn near the station in Davis station is as good as one need’s and more. An open bar from 5-7pm. And we found a great sushi place to eat just a short walk north of the hotel and there are a number of places to eat. If one is just traveling for fun Davis is a nice town vs. Sacramento if it works for you.
We picked up a cool rail guide for the CZ by Eva J Hoffman during the Grand Junction dwell for track work. (We used the dead time to take a shower on a still train).

We picked up a car in Davis and took in Lassen Volcanic NP for 2 days then headed over to the coast to the Red woods. We spent 3-4 days between Trinidad and Crescent City.

I had a day buffer in the trip if we found something we had not planned on seeing I used it to stop at the CA RR museum in Sacramento.

One the trip back we got caught in the Wyoming detour due to the derailment in Glenwood canyon. That was a bummer.

I’m trying to put some pictures on Google’s Picasa I think it works. Hit the link and give it a try.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mucomix/CATrip909#

Great pictures and neat videos! :) Looking forward to your report!

We picked up a car in Davis and took in Lassen Volcanic NP for 2 days then headed over to the coast to the Red woods. We spent 3-4 days between Trinidad and Crescent City.

I had a day buffer in the trip if we found something we had not planned on seeing I used it to stop at the CA RR museum in Sacramento.

One the trip back we got caught in the Wyoming detour due to the derailment in Glenwood canyon. That was a bummer.

I’m trying to put some pictures on Google’s Picasa I think it works. Hit the link and give it a try.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mucomix/CATrip909#

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back