CZ #5 service disruption?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK, but I'm glad to see 3/4 back on track (no pun intended)...4 left KC 6 hours late today, I'm assuming because of the derailment in California and the last one with the bustitute involved.

Is it strange for the 5 to be (apparently) on the Wyoming bypass but for the 6 to be on the normal route? Are they still doing a lot of rail work in the areas disrupted by last months flooding?

Charlie, I bet you were also not 4 hours late. Apparently UP has an embargo on the Moffet line soon after 5 is supposed to pass the front range, which it uses to complete repairs and restoration work that still remains to be done. If 5 is too late and misses its window, it goes via Wyoming.

Charlie, I bet you were also not 4 hours late. Apparently UP has an embargo on the Moffet line soon after 5 is supposed to pass the front range, which it uses to complete repairs and restoration work that still remains to be done. If 5 is too late and misses its window, it goes via Wyoming.
WOW... any idea how long that detour adds?

Last edited by a moderator:
The detour actually subtracts time, since it takes less time to get to Salt Lake City from Denver via the detour than by the regular route.

I think the Wyoming Detour route could be almost 5 Hours Faster than the regular Colorado - Moffat route.

That 5 Hour faster figure would be if if if the train makes the fastest possible transit across that detour WY.

I do NOT know the time figures--comparison for sure but I think that is what the basic comparison would be.

--- Daniel

The Wyoming detour does not ADD time. It REDUCES the time it takes for #5 to travel from Denver to Salt Lake City. By about one hour; sometimes more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back