Customer Service Satisfaction

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimePeace

Disillusioned.
I made a purchasae from Shoebuy.com back during the Thanksgiving weekend promotion. I did it through the AGR portal, however it was my first such purchase and I am willing to admit I may have done something not quite perfectly. Nonetheless, I bought my new shoes as an AGR member and Chase card holder, and as a result of receiving an email notifying me of the promotion.

I called a month or so ago and asked why my points had not posted and I was advised to wait another month, and I did so.

When they did not show up on the latest statement, I sent an email and got a phone message reply which said that the points could not be awarded since their computer records did not show that I had made the purchase.

I wrote again and said I could provide shoebuy.com order number and a copy of my Chase Mastercard statement, and I also expressed that I was unhappy with the fact that they might be refusing the points on a technicality of some kind.

Today I got another voicemail (I usually can't answer my phone when I am working) telling me they were sorry and that the points had now been added to my total. When I looked, they were indeed awarded, but instead of specifying the Shoebuy transaction, it came under the category of "good will".

Anyway... I'm happy - and if they need to call it "good will" that's ok with me. It took one phone call and two emails but in the end they did see it my way, and I am pleased (to the tune of some 2500 points).

Just a heads up, you can work with them with a bit of patience. So much of this sort of thing is automated, and it took a couple of tries to over-ride the system. They did their best, and no further complaint from me.

Back