Customer Experience at Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jessie Z

Hi everyone,

We are a group of UC Davis students doing a project about customer experience at Amtrak. We really appreciate if you would spend some time filling out this survey so we can better understand you points of view:

http://goo.gl/forms/yffq2FLS9E

Thank you so much for the participation! Enjoy your day :)

The very first question reflects a California bias.

I checked "coach", but added a comment at the bottom to say that I often use sleepers, but not business class or Acela.

At the end, I also added comments to clarify my opinions re. food service.

I declined to answer the timeliness question because the question incorrectly implies that Amtrak has full control over timely operations.

I declined to answer the wifi question because I don't use that service & can't give a fair evaluation.

At the end, the survey said I am REQUIRED to answer those last two questions, so I assume all of my answers were thrown out.

Ergo, this survey is bogus. Sorry.

Tom

Bogus Well, yeah, it was probably a thing -like - how the first-graders in Japan mob the tourists to try their English.

Don't care about the tourists, or us passengers, just practicing their English.

Or in this case, throwing a blundering ill-designed "survey" at people with various known survey faults.

Whoever assigned this project - if it was a "project" is grading the "surveyors": on how many stupid errors of the survey design they fell for.

I responded - but people please don't waste your time on this ill-conceived "survey"

It's obviously only purpose was to show the students the problems of getting a valid survey.

Yikes. I took the survey, filled out the comments, and clicked send and I'm still here alive and un-enraged. Good luck with your survey and with your group project! :)

When I clicked submit, my office was suddenly filled with cats and dogs, making all manner of racket and defecating all over the place. It was HORRIBLE, and I COULDN'T ESCAPE!!!

When I clicked submit, my office was suddenly filled with cats and dogs, making all manner of racket and defecating all over the place. It was HORRIBLE, and I COULDN'T ESCAPE!!!
Are you sure you weren't just inside an Illinois train? I've heard it's like riding in a manure spreader.

Are you sure you weren't just inside an Illinois train? I've heard it's like riding in a manure spreader.
Please -- not a "manure spreader" so -- uh -- crude --

Perhaps -- an "organic biophysiological recycling biotechnological breakthrough nanotech device?

Sorry - that was clumsy - btter ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's missing an N/A option for the WiFi. I have yet to ride on a train with WiFi, so I cannot comment on it.

Hi everyone,

We are a group of UC Davis students .................
images.jpg

Hi everyone,

I am a member of this group project. First of all, Apologize to everyone that we didn't include N/A options and made most question mandatory. We are really sorry for those mistakes. We have modified it and if you are still interest, here is the new link:

http://goo.gl/forms/V0FYVb5FRw

Secondly, Thank you all for filling out this survey. We value every response and will include them all in our project. Thank you all for the response and suggestions! We have read through every comment on our survey design and on the process of improving it to not be "ill-designed".

I am new to this forum so if I reply at the wrong place, then apologize again....

Hope you all have a good day

Please -- not a "manure spreader" so -- uh -- crude --

Perhaps -- an "organic biophysiological recycling biotechnological breakthrough nanotech device?

Sorry - that was clumsy - btter ideas?
Here in Nebraska we call it a manure spreader :p

At least someone is interested in asking.... Don't get too wound-up, just answer the questions as best as you can! I am flattered to be asked at all. The airlines would never ask, or given me a completed survey to return....

Hi everyone,

I am a member of this group project. First of all, Apologize to everyone that we didn't include N/A options and made most question mandatory. We are really sorry for those mistakes. We have modified it and if you are still interest, here is the new link:

http://goo.gl/forms/V0FYVb5FRw[/size]
Secondly, Thank you all for filling out this survey. We value every response and will include them all in our project. Thank you all for the response and suggestions! We have read through every comment on our survey design and on the process of improving it to not be "ill-designed".I am new to this forum so if I reply at the wrong place, then apologize again....

Hope you all have a good day

Likewise - hope your day (and year and decade) goes well.

Please also consider that there's so many (mostly ads, sometimes scams) "surveys" out on the web -- good on you to target this forum. Mostly we ride Amtrak, mostly there's very little spam or trolls here.

But obviously, you knew that and posted here. Thanks

For those not familiar with Illinois trains and might be dissuaded from trying one, this post is some kind of private joke from Nebraska, which by the way doesn't have trains.

For those not familiar with Illinois trains and might be dissuaded from trying one, this post is some kind of private joke from Nebraska, which by the way doesn't have trains.
For those not familiar with the California Zephyr, it goes through Nebraska. We also have freight trains, model trains, and dresses with trains. This post is some kind of inside joke from people named Paul, who by the way all hate Nebraska.
P.S. it was actually an inside joke referring to this thread, and it was a hilarious joke. http://discuss.amtraktrains.com/index.php?/topic/63965-fido-and-fluffy-did-just-fine-in-the-illinois-experiment/page-2&do=findComment&comment=596774

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back