CUS on th 4th

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dan72

Lead Service Attendant
I getting ready to head out on Saturday to Boston. I'm planning on grabbing something to eat between the EB and the LSL. Will the food court be open on Saturday, given that it is the 4th? If not, any places nearby CUS that I could walk over to and grab a bite? Thanks!

I wouldn't bet on all the shops being open, but I'd expect that at least a few will be open and I'm sure that the McDonalds will be open.

I wouldn't bet on all the shops being open, but I'd expect that at least a few will be open and I'm sure that the McDonalds will be open.
That's been my suspicion. I would guess a few would be open to try an snag from business of the fireworks crowds coming in on Metra. It'll be one of these intel-gathering items for future questions on the board. :)

Dan

I'm not sure what might be open in town either, but you could also consider the short walk over to the Ogilvie Transportation Center which also has a larger food court. Again, I'm sure that at least some of the places over there would be open.

In case you don't know, the easy way to Ogilvie is to walk down one of the north side track platforms, like maybe track 8 or so and go up the stairs at the far north end. Ogilvie will be on the far catty corner from where you exit.

what time does the EB get in and what time does the LSL leave? If you have enough time it's taste of Chicago at grant park. definitely go.

What about all the famous and recommended pizza and Italian joints in Chicago?Are they

open on holidays and weekends?Should be plenty of time between trains since the LSL doesnt

load to 7PM for sleeper pax unless the incoming trains are late!!(CZ?SWC?EB/TE)Happy 4th,

dont eat @ Mickey Ds please!LOL

I've been at the Ogilvie food court early on Saturday mornings and sometimes there's not a lot open. I wouldn't count on them being open on a holiday. I think they depend mostly on people who work in downtown Chicago for their revenue. Might have better luck at CUS. Please let us know how it is when you are there.

I getting ready to head out on Saturday to Boston. I'm planning on grabbing something to eat between the EB and the LSL. Will the food court be open on Saturday, given that it is the 4th? If not, any places nearby CUS that I could walk over to and grab a bite? Thanks!

Try the NEW YORK CITY BAGEL DELI, its just acrossed the Jackson St. bridge. South side. Opened a few weeks ago. Dont know about hours. However you can call . 312-922-7500 :)

Try the NEW YORK CITY BAGEL DELI, its just acrossed the Jackson St. bridge. South side. Opened a few weeks ago. Dont know about hours. However you can call . 312-922-7500 :)

Up date ,Jackson St. bridge closed. You will have to go one block north to next bridge [ Adams St.] to cross river, then double back to Jackson. Lou Mitchels is less than a block the other direction on Jackson. Great breakfast food.

Up date ,Jackson St. bridge closed. You will have to go one block north to next bridge [ Adams St.] to cross river, then double back to Jackson. Lou Mitchels is less than a block the other direction on Jackson. Great breakfast food.
Jackson Street Bridge is closed to cars, however pedestrians can still cross the bridge and enter the station. And actually it's not the bridge over the river that's closed, but a bridge over the train tracks that is closed.

Jackson Street Bridge is closed to cars, however pedestrians can still cross the bridge and enter the station. And actually it's not the bridge over the river that's closed, but a bridge over the train tracks that is closed.

Thanks for the up date Alan. We will be in Chicago on the 4 th. Going to try the bagel deli for a snack before going on to our next train. :)

Thanks for the up date Alan. We will be in Chicago on the 4 th. Going to try the bagel deli for a snack before going on to our next train. :)
Which train will be boarding out of Chicago? I'll be hopping on the LSL myself.

Dan

My God, Alan, is there anything you DON'T know?

My God, Alan, is there anything you DON'T know?
Actually somone else posted that info a while back, I just remembered it and repeated it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which train will be boarding out of Chicago?
Generally any train in the station will eventually be boarding passengers. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ba dum bum! :p I suppose I had that coming... :lol:

Dan
I'm happy to report that about 90% of the food court was open. I had hope to get something at the Corner Bakery, but they were closed. Went to Gold Coast hot dogs instead and had a Philly Chicken Sandwhich. Very good, I must add. :cool:

Will be boarding the LSL shortly. My trip is off to a good start so far. Arrived into CUS 15 minutes early on the EB.

Thanks for the info. Taste of Chicago is going on now as well as fireworks tonight, so they probably had a lot of Metra passengers coming into the station.

I wonder whether they're open on other holidays.

When does the metropolitan lounge close in chicago? I'm asking this becasue I will be taking the LSL shortly and am wondering how long I can store my bags before it closes.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lounge closes shortly after boarding the LSL, so you can store your bag right up until boarding. I would expect at point that you'll want to have your bag with you and will retrieve it from the redcap shortly before they board you from the lounge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back