CTA Pass Chicago

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RailFanLNK

Conductor
I'm leading a tour group in Chicago to the Nebraska vs Northwestern game on Saturday October 20th. Is the 3-Day CTA pass we have purchased for our stay in Chicago good for Evanston buses? I know it's good for the purple line but don't know about the bus system. Thanks!

Al,

Depends on which bus you want to use in Evanston. The pass works for any CTA bus, basically any route number between 1 & 206. The pass will not work on Pace buses, numbers 207 & higher.

Assuming you're coming up from Chicago on Saturday morning: the Central Avenue stop on the Purple Line is just a couple blocks from Dyche Stadium Ryan Field -- given the traffic around the stadium before and after the game, unless members of your tour group are mobility challenged, I would highly recommend walking from the 'L' rather than attempting to transfer to the bus.

Yeah, we can all walk real well. I'm thinking of taking the group up to Evanston 4 hours before kickoff so they can attend a Farmers Market and shop and eat lunch in Evanston. The Farmers Markets seems to be too much of a walk so they will need the city bus system. To get near Ryan Field or hop back on the Purple Line from Davis and hit the Central stop. I just wanted to have my ducks in a row bus wise so they don't get on a Pace bus and have their CTA card eaten or not have the proper change/dollors for a bus they don't need to use! Thanks everyone!

Back