CS trip north "highlights"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

da40flyer

Train Attendant
Well when I get back home I'll write up a full trip report but here are a few thoughts before then.

2 hours late into PDX.

The arcade car is a rip off. 50 cents a game, 2 of the 4 games didn't even work. It became more of a hangout place for the kids. The only good thing about it was my daughter could go down there and spread out her drawing stuff on the floor and have room.

The food was so-so.

Starting at about 4 or 5am, we started to notice the smell of sewage in the back car where we were. It only got worse as it got hotter outside. The conductor basically told us tough s$#t and deal with it. The coach attendant in our car though was great I will say. It was his first trip and he was doing everything he could to make us happy. He did relocate those of us at the front of the car who had to deal with the smell the longest, even giving up his seat in the back of the car for passengers. He spent the run from Eugene to Portland sitting on a footrest in the back of the car.

Well when I get back home I'll write up a full trip report but here are a few thoughts before then.

2 hours late into PDX.

The arcade car is a rip off. 50 cents a game, 2 of the 4 games didn't even work. It became more of a hangout place for the kids. The only good thing about it was my daughter could go down there and spread out her drawing stuff on the floor and have room.

The food was so-so.

Starting at about 4 or 5am, we started to notice the smell of sewage in the back car where we were. It only got worse as it got hotter outside. The conductor basically told us tough s$#t and deal with it. The coach attendant in our car though was great I will say. It was his first trip and he was doing everything he could to make us happy. He did relocate those of us at the front of the car who had to deal with the smell the longest, even giving up his seat in the back of the car for passengers. He spent the run from Eugene to Portland sitting on a footrest in the back of the car.
You should consider communicating with Amtrak about the car condition and especially the conductor's attitude!

Looking forward to your report.

2 hours late into PDX.

The food was so-so.

You should consider communicating with Amtrak about the car condition and especially the conductor's attitude!

Looking forward to your report.
I sent a few choice thoughts to Amtrak just before I posted this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back