Crew on 1/17/11 49 excellent

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be, braised beef should only get better in a convection oven. It's like wine, gets even better when stored right.

And that is exactly why Amtrak has rebuilt the cafe cars in this way... when a diner goes bad ordered, they can still make do! (seeing as there are usually no spare single level diners ever.)

As much as I disliked diner lite cars in the past, I have to step back and reassess them. Without diner light it would gave been kfc for dinner and god knows what for breakfast. Additionally, Amtrak swapped the cars and got 49 out if nyp on time. I really praised the crew too. I'm going to call Amtrak later today to put in a good note.

Its amazing how your outlook can change when a car is used *properly*.

The Diner-Lite is a pitch-hitter, a substitute, it is not the real thing but as close to it as you can get when things go awry. I heard they were using CCCs on the Builder last week when they truncated the train between MSP and CHI. Perfect place for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad the switch was made for an ontime departure.

My experience on the LSL for the past couple of years has been very good.

The sleeper car and dining car crews were very capable and customer focused.

I had Tom Finnigan on three of my trips as the SCA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back