Crew Change Points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, not if I can help it. 14/11 crew change in SLO, is all I know about that - I haven't ever worked 14/11.

1/2 are a different xboard, and until they get going daily, I choose to stay on the SAN runs :)

Sorry. Move along folks. No information here, nothing to look at :lol:

Travel light!

~BJG

Do you ever work the other long distance trains out of LAX? I'm curious to know those change points for ya'll.

Why do the regionals change crews in NHV? I could never understand that. Why can't it be like Acela NYP-BOS?
It's all because of the Unions (and I'm pro-Union, so don't mistake my comments as disdain). Essentially the prior rights rules that date back to the New Haven RR days dictate that there has to be a separate crew for NHV-NYP and NHV-BOS. There used to be the same rule with the Meteor's Engineer for JAX-SAV and then when the last person covered by prior rights retired they were able to set the job to work JAX-FLO. The Acelas are not covered by prior rights because that service did not exist when the contracts were written.
The practice started because New Haven was where the electrification ended and one needed to swap the electric motor for the diesel engine to reach Boston.

It continued today because of what Battalion51 stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back