crescent/Lakeshore limited connection

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I originally had a trip planned from charlotte to raleigh to orlando to LAX to SF and then back, but due to Hurricane Katrina, I've been routed to SF from charlotte to NYP and then to chicago and portland, and then down. At NYP, I am only scheduled an hour and 38 minute layover. I was told by an AMTRAK agent that it was a guaranteed connection. One thing I would like input on is why they would send me to NYP when I would be less likely to miss a connection in WAS for the Capitol Limited which has a 6 hour hour window. If the train runs late I will probably just call AMTRAK around Charlottesville. Anyway, thanks for any suggestions.

Well it could be a capacity issue. If you booked a sleeper this is likely the case. Even in coach it's possible. If the connection is guaranteed as they say it is, take the guarantee. If the Crescent gets late they are required to either put you up in a New York Hotel (not a bad thing) overnight and catch the next train, or fly you to Chicago, but you could decline the flight and take the hotel.

Back