Creating Excitement for Kids

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Clever Girl

My family will be taking our first rail journey in late may. My girls are 9 and 7.

For Easter, I'd like to put together baskets for them centered around the trip. I have already bought them train cases (silly me - I was just too excited!) so now I'm looking for other ideas.

I've considered doing small coolers/lunch bags as the basket, but now I don't know what to fill it with. A hoodie? Small blanket? Travel games?

Help!

We are taking the City of New Orleans!

I love the lapel pins! Just ordered two!

If they have cameras, don't forget those for memories of their train ride. If they don't, maybe a couple of the little cardboard cameras?

Another idea--depending on the kinds of music they enjoy, what about some train tunes on the mp3's? Willie Nelson does a good "Riding on the City of New Orleans." There are many....instrumentals of Orange Blossom Special, etc. Kids might think a few are cool. Well, I think they're kinda cool. :D

How about DVD's which have train themes. I am thinking of anything from Thomas The Tank Engine, to Polar Express.

Of course, plan on packing your portable DVD player too (you were planing on bringing that?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back