Complaints About Poor Service

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windy City LSA

Service Attendant
Hello, group.

I posted this in the moved "Lake Shore Limited Trip" thread, but worry it may be lost there, so I'm reposting here since I feel it's an important topic.

Excellent suggestion! (Calling to report lousy crew members.) Please folks...call Amtrak to report bad service...and spread the word!! More importantly, get names. We all wear name tags and/or ID badges. Much easier to identify the problem person if you have a name. Although Amtrak is working on it, there are still more than a few bad seeds out there. Think it's bad dealing with them for a meal or two...try working with them for 4-6 days straight!!! That statement may make me appear to be biased, but I sincerely believe the passenger is the number one priority, and should be treated respectfully. There are times where co-workers will report bad behavior, But it seems nothing is done. I truly believe Amtrak Management wants to flush these pests out. It couldn't hurt to have the assistance of passengers. I take pride in my work and strive to do a good job. Some of these people are an embarassment, and working with them is a nightmare. I feel badly for passengers who must endure bad crew behavior.

I also encourage reporting exceptional customer service. :)

Windy City LSA said:
More importantly, get names. We all wear name tags and/or ID badges. Much easier to identify the problem person if you have a name.
The really bad apples tend to be the ones NOT wearing a nametag. I ran across one in SAC a few years back (as those of you who have been around the forum for a while have heard a couple times now) and I remember reading a post on here about a disgruntled station woman in Chicago who also never wore a nametag.

In these cases, always get the best physical description possible of the employee, note the time and in what capacity you saw them working. This should be enough to pinpoint the bad apple and hopefully reporting them will get us a step closer to getting rid of them! The bad apples often end up spoiling the bunch and bring morale of the employees working around them down.

No name tag a coincidence??? I doubt it. <_< If one REALLY wants to, there are tactful, creative ways ro find out a name.

The alternate methods of identification you mentioned are excellent. Date, train #, time, physical description, title of employee.

You are so right about the morale. Particularily working the Diner, one angry, miserable team member, and it's going to be a bad trip. I haven't had any horrible experiences yet at work. But I've heard a thousand horror stories, and experienced a surly SA in the Diner. Luckily I was working the Lounge that trip. All I can do is hope for the best and work with what I've got.

I called and sent a letter to Amtrak about our conductor. His name was Lester and he was great! I hope he got a "pat on the back". He's a conductor out of Omaha Ne. and is the conductor on the Zephyr from Omaha to Denver and then back to Omaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back