Comic-Con v2015 Surfliner

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chief

Lead Service Attendant
Surprised I haven't seen any posts about this topic, as year's past pretty popular here on AU. I even Searched to see if I had missed a 2015 string. If I have, mea culpa.

Be that as it may, here's a story about the Cosplay Couple sharing a seat with a movie guitar prop in a car full of Comic-Con conventioneers.

http://www.scpr.org/news/2015/07/09/52987/comic-con-ridin-that-train-high-on-cosplayin/

And I've ridden the Surfliner to Comic-Con in the past. No guitar though.

I saw an Amtrak California local TV spot Tuesday night that had the basic message "with both Del Mar and Comic-Con happening, book a ticket early, because we can add extra cars, but airplanes can't add seats." Unfortunately, I can't find it on YouTube.

So maybe people actually heeded what the TV said, and they actually did add cars to the Surfliners? I haven't seen any tweets about overcrowding, although it's not quite time for people to start heading back north, so maybe angry tweets will appear in the next few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back