Coast Starlight

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest_Diane_*

Hi All! I am on the CS with my family as I write this. What a great trip this has been so far. We started out yesterday in Seattle and was met by Jay (our attendant), who I must say is exceptionally nice. He said he just came off of the Sunset Limited. He is energetic, helpful and funny too! He said that he will be spending 18 months on the CS! We had lots of snow in the mountains and had to wait for some plowing to be done. We are currently an hour and something behind but that is okay by us.

The new menu is really pretty good. I had the special for dinner, it was braised beef. It was soooo tender, nearly melted in my mouth. My husband had the flat iron steak and they cooked it to perfection. The desserts are yummy too. The best part according to my 12 year old.

After our last stop we had the nicest lady knock on our door, she said she is a customer service rep. She asked if we had questions or did we need anything. She was cherry, festive (in her red and christmas flare). I thought this was a nice touch. We have taken this route 5 times now and this is the first time someone like this came to us. She said she would be around if we needed help.

On a side note, I noticed that the window curtains in our family room are new and we had a newspaper under our door in the am.

We are currently between San Jose and Salinas.

I guess that is it for now.

Hi All! I am on the CS with my family as I write this. What a great trip this has been so far. We started out yesterday in Seattle and was met by Jay (our attendant), who I must say is exceptionally nice. He said he just came off of the Sunset Limited. He is energetic, helpful and funny too! He said that he will be spending 18 months on the CS! We had lots of snow in the mountains and had to wait for some plowing to be done. We are currently an hour and something behind but that is okay by us. The new menu is really pretty good. I had the special for dinner, it was braised beef. It was soooo tender, nearly melted in my mouth. My husband had the flat iron steak and they cooked it to perfection. The desserts are yummy too. The best part according to my 12 year old.

After our last stop we had the nicest lady knock on our door, she said she is a customer service rep. She asked if we had questions or did we need anything. She was cherry, festive (in her red and christmas flare). I thought this was a nice touch. We have taken this route 5 times now and this is the first time someone like this came to us. She said she would be around if we needed help.

On a side note, I noticed that the window curtains in our family room are new and we had a newspaper under our door in the am.

We are currently between San Jose and Salinas.

I guess that is it for now.
Glad you are having such a pleasant trip. The customer service rep in her Xmas attire is a nice touch. Also not being any more delayed than you wre by the snow plow is neat also.

Well... we made it to our destination, Oxnard. We were only 30 minutes late. I believe that is pretty good. We made up some good time. It was a great trip and we are looking forward to our return on Jan. 4th.

The diner attendant claimed us as "that's my family". I believe it was the 2 dollar bills that we left as tips. Thanks to whomever posted that great idea.

Cheers!

Diane

Well... we made it to our destination, Oxnard. We were only 30 minutes late. I believe that is pretty good. We made up some good time. It was a great trip and we are looking forward to our return on Jan. 4th.The diner attendant claimed us as "that's my family". I believe it was the 2 dollar bills that we left as tips. Thanks to whomever posted that great idea.

Cheers!

Diane
Arriving only 30 minutes late is indeed very good! Glad to hear you had such a great trip. I hope your return trip is just as good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back