Coast Starlight- Picture of coach seats reclined for sleeping?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eris

Lead Service Attendant
My search fu is utterly failing me tonight, so I resort to posting the request:

I am considering taking the Coast Starlight from Seattle to Los Angeles next week with my two smallish children (ages 5 and 8). My budget is painfully limited, leaving my choices to: Amtrak, coach, or flying. Amtrak is slightly cheaper, even factoring in the costs of acquiring at least some of our food while on board. Upgrading to a room is out of the question (with the possible exception of an onboard upgrade to a Roomette, if the conductor was feeling that kindly).

We are experienced with this route, though it's now been a couple of years and we've always had either the family bedroom or a roomette (which worked better than you'd think for me + a 3 and 6 year old). I feel like they're old enough now that coach would not be as utterly awful as it's seemed like it would be in the past.

So, what I'm trying to find is a picture of the coach seats reclined to their sleeping position, to give my kids an idea of what we'd be doing. I think we'll be able to manage OK (perhaps one on the floor, actually, and one across two seats), but was hoping for a picture to help us along.

Ha! That'd be awesome. Can't sneak back there now and do it? Surely the flash wouldn't bother anyone....

Ok, ok, in the morning would be fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back