Coast Starlight on May 27th

• Thread starter Guest_MontanaJim_*
  • Start date
Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest_MontanaJim_*

hey everyone--

i am hoping to take the starlight from LA to seattle on or about May 27th. What do you think the odds are that the train will be up and running by then? Thanks

hey everyone--
i am hoping to take the starlight from LA to seattle on or about May 27th. What do you think the odds are that the train will be up and running by then? Thanks
Your odds right now are looking Good+, I would say. The line should be opened sometime in mid-April they are estimating right now. Of course things can change, so don't count your chickens just yet.

That would be a good time to take it if the "re-launch" comes off OK, because multiple layers of management will be snooping around to make sure everything is going good. Otherwise you are on a coach train to Sacramento, a bus to Eugene or Portland, and you get to ride the Cascade. But we have been waiting for the relauch of the Sunset now for several years and it hasn't happened yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back