Coach Seats

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only ridden coach TPA-JAX & once when I missed a connection in WAS to STP. The WAS-TPA trip, they didnt have an available sleeper (or so the conductor said, :angry2: ) and those coach seats were tight! Maybe it was because I'd been on a train for over a week (Roomettes) & exhausted!

Thanx

Superliners have the equivalent of airline first class seats with huge legroom. Maybe not the fancy ones that are compartmentalized, but traditional first class seats like you might find on older planes or on short-haul or regional jets.

The exceptions would be the Am1 and Horizon split clubs with one end being 2+1 B/C in really nice seats, or the Am1 full B/C car which is nicer than a regular Am1, but not as nice as an LD car like a Superliner or AM2. All Amtrak seats beat almost all airline seats in the width dept. There are some state owned cars in California service that are very similar to Superliners, and 7 Superliners that California paid to repair from wrecks that have higher density seating.

Back