Club Acela Boston wifi password?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Train Attendant
Anyone know the wifi password for Club Acela in BOS? The attendant here doesn't usually work here and doesn't know it!

I don't recall ever needing a password, either in Boston or NY. If it's asking for a password, then either they've changed things or something is wrong. My monies on something being wrong. Either you're not connecting to the CA Wi-Fi but instead getting something else, or they've got a problem with the Wi-Fi base station.

I don't recall ever needing a password, either in Boston or NY. If it's asking for a password, then either they've changed things or something is wrong. My monies on something being wrong. Either you're not connecting to the CA Wi-Fi but instead getting something else, or they've got a problem with the Wi-Fi base station.
I have that sort of problem in the Philly Club Acela. While one doesn't need a password for the Club Acela WiFi ("clubacelaphilly"), you do need a paid password for the general WiFi ("tmobile") in the station. Depending on where you are sitting in Club Acela, your PC could be attempting to connect to the general WiFi because its signal appears stronger.

I had to set up my PC's wireless properties to make connecting to "tmobile" on-demand only, in order to ensure it only attempts to connect to "clubacelaphilly".

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back