City of New Orleans baggage car

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ray828

Train Attendant
Hey everyone,

Quick question. I've noticed lately that the CONO has had a baggage car in the consist. Is this a temporary thing or have enough new bag cars arrived that there's a surplus of the heritage bags to permanently put in the consist? I know the Texas Eagle has had a baggage car for some time now. Just curious.

Thanks,

Ray

I saw those new baggage cars on several LD trains last week, so I would assume the supply is increasing. However the CONO does still put some luggage in the baggage compartment of the coach-baggage car in the consist. This is especially helpful for serving stations with relatively short platforms, thus possibly avoiding a double-stop if only coach passengers are getting off and on.

A full baggage car has been available on the City for months. It is not temporary. As you indicated, this is what happens when you have extra equipment available. The Sunset also has a stand alone baggage car. It no longer runs through the Eagle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back