Cimarron River on California Zephyr

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent

Conductor
Amtrak #5(12) is heading west with the St. Louis-San Francisco private car Cimarron River on the end. I caught this California Zephyr at Agency, Iowa running about fifty minutes late. Also, the train did not stop here.

I was fortunate as a kid to get a ride on that car, between Warrensburg MO and Kansas City. December of 84, or 85, I remember it was right before Christmas. Riding in the open vestibule was exciting as a kid (still is, I'm afraid) but back then, one would occasionally experience a light misting.....this was before retention toilets were on board, the STL-KC train Missouri Mule still ran with some heritage equipment back then (including a real dome car!) that dumped onto the tracks when flushed.....Not cool.....

Riding in the open vestibule was exciting as a kid (still is, I'm afraid) but back then, one would occasionally experience a light misting.....this was before retention toilets were on board, the STL-KC train Missouri Mule still ran with some heritage equipment back then (including a real dome car!) that dumped onto the tracks when flushed.....Not cool.....
(Emphasis added.) Not inappropriate, then, that "mist" is the German word for crap. :eek: :)

Back