choice hotels partner agr points experiences

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sueb

Train Attendant
just joined the choice hotels loyalty program since it is an amtrak partner and the chains are more in my price range than some other partners. anyone have any experience with this partner.

just joined the choice hotels loyalty program since it is an amtrak partner and the chains are more in my price range than some other partners. anyone have any experience with this partner.
I stay at Choice Hotels quite a bit. The Comfort Suites are especially nice. I've found it to be a better value to earn Choice Rewards Points rather than the 250 AGR points per stay. The Choice Rewards Points accumulate faster and you can trade 5,000 of them in for 1,000 Continental OnePass Miles (which you can exchange into AGR in increments of 5,000). Or if you really save your Choice Rewards Points you can trade something like 32,000 of them in for 5,000 AGR points (or something in that ballpark).

I joined Choice when my daughter was in college in Pennsylvania. There was a very nice Comfort Suites hotel near campus. I found that many (most)

other Choice hotels were not comparable to the Comfort Suites we were accustomed. We had a few that were downright dumpy. Haven't stayed in any

of the hotels recently.

I stay at Choice Hotels sometimes.

This year I was at a Clarion by LaGuardia Airport in New York which was actually quite nice and an Econo Lodge by the Atlanta Airport which is awful. I'd say they're better than Ramadas and anything in the Wyndham chain, equal to LaQuintas but worse than anything in the Hilton/Mariott chain.

Back