Chicago Westin River North or W Lakeshore or W City Center

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rebecca

Hi,

I will be visiting Chicago in November and have Starwood points to use. Looking for a recommendation for my husband and I whether to stay at the Westin River North or either W property. We will be doing some shopping, checking out the sights and going to Soldier Field. Not sure which is the best option for walking to key sights and shopping. We will be staying at the Hyatt for a few nights for a conference then moving. Never been to Chicago so I would love some feedback.

Greetings Rebecca! It's your Marketing Manager, Jessica, from the W Hotels of Chicago here. All of the Starwood properties you mention are sensational for your upcoming agenda. Each of them are centrally located and beautiful properties. You can't go wrong!

Based on the fact that you are looking for a unique Chicago experience that is close to shopping and sights I would recommend W Chicago Lakeshore. Only hotel in Chicago overlooking Lake Michigan, close to Michigan Avenue Shopping and a quick zip down Lake Shore Drive to Solider Field. Plus, you can reserve the complimentary Acura Car service to take you to your destinations downtown. [ie Solider Field. I recommend booking in advance as this service is popular and fills quickly!]

We look forward to welcoming you - hope this info helps!

Jessica

Still not sure if this is some marketing ploy by Starwood...
Highly unlikely since the OP posted from the Czech Republic and the reply came from an IP located on Chicago's West Lake Shore Drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always stay at the W City Center. It's just inside the Loop on Adams and easily walkable from Union Station. Walkable to a lot of the downtown spots, and, of course, easy access to transit.

I stayed at the Westin Michigan Avenue this past summer - was a great hotel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back