Chicago Union Station Parking

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CNW

Service Attendant
I haven't visited this forum in awhile but have taken 17 long distance trips over the years. I am going to NOL from CHI. I want to park at Union Station and I want to know: is the parking garage really close to the station? Are there always available places to park? And how much per day? I'll be gone 5 days.

Here are the current rates for the garage at Union Station.

http://www.chicagounionstation.com/parking.html

If you are able to walk a block or two, I would suggest using a website like SpotHero to find cheaper parking spots close to the station. I've parked in the Loop for as little as $6-8/day, compared to $18-25/day.

There is a tunnel from CUS to the parking Garage, but the rates are very high. Hertz rental cars are also located in this garage. If you don't mind walking, look for cheaper parking a few blocks away. When I was in Chicago, I would park at a METRA station in the free multi-day overnight parking and take the train into either CUS or Ogilvie (multiple nights this was much cheaper, and easier on the nerves when fighting the freeways or toll ways).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back