Chicago Metra Electric District (MED) speed increases?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gantries over the track means nothing, since it is not uncommon for non-electrified track that shares ROW with electrified track often has gantries across them for civil engineering convenience.. You need to carefully follow the track and see how it is connected by tracks. Wires are not visible and are useless for this analysis.

But in some sense this discussion is also a silly waste of time since all that we will determine at the end of it is whether one lousy crossover needs to be built or not. :D
I need some trivial topic to obsess over, otherwise what else can I do while we wait! 🫠

I need some trivial topic to obsess over, otherwise what else can I do while we wait! 🫠
I was not commenting about your posts. I was commenting about the dialogue @Metra Electric Rider and I were having. 🥴

I think the big picture issues of running Amtrak Eastern service on NICTD was hashed out in great detail a while back in the context of the under construction new NICTD South Line being used for the Cardinal etc. You can look for that using the search function.

Back