Chicago As Passenger Hub

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhoozOn1st

Engineer
Honored Member
Aside from editorials, Railway Age never puts entire stories online: "For the full story, subscribe to Railway Age."

It's basically an industry publication, heavily freight-centric, so I don't subscribe. But this story is pretty good, even though online it's incomplete.

Chicago: PASSENGER rail hub

Perhaps the portion of the article unavailable online includes discussion of Amtrak in Chicago - who knows - but this focuses on CTA, Metra, and NICTD (South Shore Line), and includes a nifty rendering of the new Nippon Sharyo/Sumitomo bi-level equipment the South Shore expects soon.

There isn't anything about Amtrak in the full article in Railway Age. It has the same sections as the one that you see in the summary. Only each section is more elaborated.
Thanks, jis! So online readers really aren't missing much? What does a Railway Age subscription cost?

EDIT: I'm a TRAINS subscriber, but since I signed up long-term the price doesn't immediately come to mind. Something slightly north of a hundred bucks for three years? Just guessing.

Last edited by a moderator:
There isn't anything about Amtrak in the full article in Railway Age. It has the same sections as the one that you see in the summary. Only each section is more elaborated.
Thanks, jis! So online readers really aren't missing much? What does a Railway Age subscription cost?
Normally pretty expensive, but as an industry trade publication, it's free if you can convince them that you work in the industry!

As long as they think I "still" work for the Alaska Railroad, I guess I'll continue to enjoy my subscription! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally pretty expensive, but as an industry trade publication, it's free if you can convince them that you work in the industry!
As long as they think I "still" work for the Alaska Railroad, I guess I'll continue to enjoy my subscription! :lol:
I'm telling! :D

Back