Chicago Area at the Start of Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The picture quality is shockingly good
It is indeed. As is mentioned in the video header, they remastered in "HD". Some of my old 1950's original 8mm video has been used by Herron Rail Video and he was able to do the same. I hardly recognized the end result compared to the original. About 4-5 minutes of Louisville area and Cincinnati area PRR video I took in the 50's is in THIS widescreen video Herron has put together.Jim and I went to high school together in Louisville.

I wish the photographer would have shot the entire trains instead of just concentrating on the locomotives, but the shots bring back great memories.

I wish the photographer would have shot the entire trains instead of just concentrating on the locomotives, but the shots bring back great memories.
Don't know for sure, but if you buy the DVD's you might get the entire train. These two are just trailers to make you want more!

Wonderful videos! Thanks so much for posting them...

Very nostalgic for me, as I used to spend so much time visiting Chicago during that era....

Some of those heavyweight cars on the GM&O trains were real antique's.....

Loved those ads they used to paint on buildings.....some were real landmarks....liked the Burlington Route "West, Southwest, Northwest, EVERYWHERE WEST" :)

Back