Checked Baggage Hours

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThayerATM

OBS Chief
Preparing for our trip out-west in September, I noticed that the Coast Starlight [train 14] is scheduled to arrive at The Seattle King Street Station at 8:45 PM. That's no big deal, as 8:45 PM is a reasonable time of the evening. But --- when I dug a little deeper, I discovered that while the station hours are 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM, the Checked Baggage Hours are 6:30 AM to 8:00 PM.

Isn't it a little odd that Amtrak would close the Checked Baggage 45 minutes before the arrival of a major long distance train? <_<

Preparing for our trip out-west in September, I noticed that the Coast Starlight [train 14] is scheduled to arrive at The Seattle King Street Station at 8:45 PM. That's no big deal, as 8:45 PM is a reasonable time of the evening. But --- when I dug a little deeper, I discovered that while the station hours are 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM, the Checked Baggage Hours are 6:30 AM to 8:00 PM.

Isn't it a little odd that Amtrak would close the Checked Baggage 45 minutes before the arrival of a major long distance train? <_<
Your bags will still be delivered to the baggage pickup inside the station when the CS arrives! This just pertains to the actual checking of Luggage which does stop @ 8:00PM so the agents can prepare for the arrival of the CS and other Station business! Ive never had any trouble but not sure what happens if the Builder goes out really Late???

Your bags will still be delivered to the baggage pickup inside the station when the CS arrives! This just pertains to the actual checking of Luggage which does stop @ 8:00PM so the agents can prepare for the arrival of the CS and other Station business! Ive never had any trouble but not sure what happens if the Builder goes out really Late???
I was kind of thinking that's how the game was played, but I did smile at the verbage used in the timetable and the verbage in the station information. :eek:hboy: It's no big deal to me, as we could easily go back to the station the next morning and pick up our luggage. :cool: It just seemed to be more convenient if we just snagged it off the conveyor when we arrived, like we did last time when we arrived on the Empire Builder. :D

Jim is correct - again!
ohmy.gif
(This has to be a bad omen!
laugh.gif
)

The "checked baggage hours" really refer to the hours that you can check baggage for trains departing the station! if the CS is late, they still have to take the baggage off before the train heads to the yard anyway, so it will be on the belt that night!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back