Check your hotel reservations!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

printman2000

Engineer
For those traveling this summer, check your hotel reservations. I made mine many, many months ago for a 5 night stay. A couple of months ago the price went down about $100 so I made a new reservation and canceled the old.

Last night I checked again, went down another $275!

Worth doing with Amtrak too - maybe there was a cancellation or something.

For my overnight stay in Seattle last weekend I booked a room via Priceline - at the Westin Seattle - and secured a room with a published rack rate of $179, for $75. I felt it was an outstanding value for a hotel in that category.

Not only for this summer, but anytime. Such as if you're going to Boston in October, check the rates. The rate may have decreased!

And as said, check on Amtrak also. When someone cancels at a lower bucket, the room is resold at the original bucket. The next room after that reverts back to the current bucket. You may be the right person at the right time! :)

I thought that this thread was going to have something to do with Amtrak...

For my overnight stay in Seattle last weekend I booked a room via Priceline - at the Westin Seattle - and secured a room with a published rack rate of $179, for $75. I felt it was an outstanding value for a hotel in that category.
i just stayed at the marriott in charlotte fot $40 from priceline. it was $176 retail

Worth doing with Amtrak too - maybe there was a cancellation or something.

That is a must, check and check often! Earlier today I checked availability on the Capital Limited on which our family was holding two bedrooms at a rate of $588.00 each between Chi and Washington and discovered that the accommodation charge had dropped greatly reducing my total rail expense by $425.00!!! Can you say rebooked and saved! Our total oneway trip Chicago, Il to Hartford, CT for four in sleepers and business Class dropped to $975.00

You must be persistent with the reservation agent. I just kept reminding her of the book early and save promotion and that I had booked early but I wasn't saving given the current accommodation rate.

Tim

Guest_Ctim2_* that is a nice turn about for you. I checked for our trip and sadly no such luck. It has gone up $480 since I booked. So glad we booked early.

Guest_Ctim2_* that is a nice turn about for you. I checked for our trip and sadly no such luck. It has gone up $480 since I booked. So glad we booked early.
Keep checking!! Things could change

Tim

I will be using Amtrak to get to my next Hotel stay in San Deigo., And Amtrak took me away from my last hotel stay.
I will be using shampoo on my next Amtrak trip. And I used it on my last Amtrak trip.

Does that mean that shampoo deals are "Amtrak Rail Discussion?"

I will be using Amtrak to get to my next Hotel stay in San Deigo., And Amtrak took me away from my last hotel stay.
I will be using shampoo on my next Amtrak trip. And I used it on my last Amtrak trip.

Yes.

In fact we've had a couple of discussions on the forums over the years on how to wash/clean ones self when in coach for a long distance trip.

Sechs, what is eating you? If you don't like the topic, don't read it. Others seem to be okay with it. Sorry you seem so offended by this topic.

Hey, this is the sort of thing that helps me justify making a trip (on AMTRAK) or staying home.

Thanks for the heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back