Chase Ultimate Rewards transfer to AGR

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lthanlon

OBS Chief
For the past couple of days, I've been trying to transfer points from Chase Ultimate Rewards into Amtrak Guest Rewards. Regardless of whether I'm attempting this with Safari or Firefox on a Macintosh running the latest version of OS X, or on a Windows machine with IE or Firefox running the latest updates in Windows 7, I just can't get it to work. The connections seem OK on AGR's end, but the windows it opens on Chase either return blank or incomplete pages or keep looping me back to Chase homepage.

Am I better off just calling Chase?

Maybe you should consider starting with the Chase website first? All of my transfers that started from Chase worked like a charm. Meanwhile, last time I checked AGR's website it still couldn't even handle the basics of booking a coach connection or a sleeper ticket of any length regardless of how many points you had or which browser you chose. Expecting it to handle an inbound transfer from an external program may be a little too much to ask.

Which Chase credit card do you have? Several of them (Sapphire, Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, perhaps others) earn Ultimate Rewards points, but only the Sapphire Preferred allows transfers to Amtrak.

Which Chase credit card do you have? Several of them (Sapphire, Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, perhaps others) earn Ultimate Rewards points, but only the Sapphire Preferred allows transfers to Amtrak.
Bingo. Mine isn't Sapphire Preferred. Thanks for the help!

Back