Changing Tickets and

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJRACER

Service Attendant
This is just a thought, but we are already ticketed for our 8-segment trip in August. Two of the segments of the rail-pass are bussing from STP to ORL and again ORL to STP. We have a couple of dogs that we are thinking about boarding at daughters home in ORL for the duration of our trip. That means we would drive from the STP area over to ORL and drop dogs off and pick up train to Washington, DC at ORL. If we changed the tickets, dropping off the bussing segments.....how would the crediting work for the rail tickets itself as well as the segments of the rail-pass???

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to go to a staffed station with your pass and all tickets associated with it, turn them all in, and get everything re-issued. You won't get any sort of refund for it, but you could make two more reservations within the validity dates of your pass.

While I would still work with Amtrak on this, the reality is that it really wouldn't matter all that much. Frankly the biggest reason for working with Amtrak is so that they can resell your seats on the bus. Otherwise, in terms of costs, etc. you could really just throw away the bus tickets and no one would ever be the wiser.

But again, I would stop by and meet up with your friendly Amtrak agent like last time and just have him drop those tickets from the reservation. That way someone else could book those seats and Amtrak can get more revenue for that bus.

While I would still work with Amtrak on this, the reality is that it really wouldn't matter all that much. Frankly the biggest reason for working with Amtrak is so that they can resell your seats on the bus. Otherwise, in terms of costs, etc. you could really just throw away the bus tickets and no one would ever be the wiser.

But again, I would stop by and meet up with your friendly Amtrak agent like last time and just have him drop those tickets from the reservation. That way someone else could book those seats and Amtrak can get more revenue for that bus.
Sounds like a plan to me!!! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back