Change ticket NWK to NYP?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattW

Conductor
So I'm booked on the Crescent sometime around the labor day holiday ATL-NWK and back. However coming back since the Crescent leaves mid-afternoon I may want to do some early-morning sightseeing in New York. Since it looks like NWK and NYP are the same cost, should I bother changing my ticket? Given the wackiness with eTickets not being scanned, if I do change it, but end up boarding in NWK after all, how likely is my reservation to be cancelled? Another thing I'm considering is the Club Acela access at NYP, it sounds nice and I'd like to try it out at least once which since I'm in sleeper this time I can do.

Thanks for any advice!

If you rebook from NYP and get on at NWK the chances of your ticket being cancelled are low IMO. But the SCA might not have anyone boarding your car there. So you might have to board a coach car or the other sleeper.

There is so little time between NYP and Newark that they don't seem to usually get all the tickets checked by then anyway, so you could probably sort of slip in. However, you might get a dirty look from the SCA or coach attendant who leads to to your seat/sleeper.

EDIT: Just to be clear, this is assuming you modify to leave from NYP.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm booked on the Crescent sometime around the labor day holiday ATL-NWK and back. However coming back since the Crescent leaves mid-afternoon I may want to do some early-morning sightseeing in New York. Since it looks like NWK and NYP are the same cost, should I bother changing my ticket? Given the wackiness with eTickets not being scanned, if I do change it, but end up boarding in NWK after all, how likely is my reservation to be cancelled? Another thing I'm considering is the Club Acela access at NYP, it sounds nice and I'd like to try it out at least once which since I'm in sleeper this time I can do.

Thanks for any advice!
It is not going to be canceled before Newark because the ticket lift for the train won't be completed until after Newark. They might get thru your sleeper before Newark so you have to make sure they don't overlook you because of that. So make sure to let them know and get it scanned right away or the room could be resold down the line. One thing you might want to consider is that mofifying your ticket might cause a fare change. It is the same cost but that same cost may have gone up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back