Centralia IL Station Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Scooter

Hi there,

I'm a new rider to Amtrak and am in the process of trying to plan my second trip. I was thinking of taking the City of New Orleans #59 down to New Orleans in May. In order to make things easiest, I would need to drive to Centralia IL and catch the train from there. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with this station and how safe a car might be parked for a few days. Thanks for any imput you might have.

The amtrak site does not list parking on site, so there probably isn't anything right there. You might want to call the chamber of commerce there (or someone like that) and ask them if there is a parking garage or something that would work for you. They would probably know best.

Amtrak told me there are 15 long term parking spaces (with no security). I never thought of calling the Camber of Commerce. Thanks for the suggestion.

Have you thought of asking a close motel if you could park there? Maybe for a small fee or if lucky, for free.

Back