Cascades schedule

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

skyguy

I've heard that in 2015 there will be only one train daily from SEA to VAC. Can anyone comment?

Thanks in advance.

I haven't heard that. As you may know, there was considerable difficulty getting the second train started, due to the Canadian border patrol folks asking a ridiculous fee for their services. But the WA state rail plan includes a third SEA-VAC train (eventually), and I doubt the state rail office would be happy to have the existing trains cut.

The source was on a cruising form I follow (the chat line was about taking trains to Vancouver from Seattle). One respondent said that in 2015 there would be only one train out of Seattle.

I doubted that info and so here I am (again) seeking a more qualified answer.

Absent some sort of insider knowledge, I think CHamilton's response above is about as spot-on as you'll find here.

Not a peep here in the media, and WashDOT would have fit if they tried to cut back the second train that they fought so hard for and paid for. The Cascades service is pretty popular, so it would get coverage.

My opinion is someone on the cruise board was misinterpreting the old CBSA second train issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back