Cascades Questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunchaser

Conductor
I was wondering if anyone can tell me the difference in rides between a Superliner (upstairs) and the Cascades?

We will be taking a couple of short (2 hr ish) rides on them soon.

I know they are different trains, but is one more bumpy or smoother than the other?

Does the 'tilt' feel weird, or do you even notice it?

Does anyone prefer Coach to Business Class, or the other way around?

Thanks!

You'll likely notice a different feel to the ride. The cars use a different suspension for one, and then throw in the tilt which again you'll likely notice if you're paying attention.

Personally, I prefer BC on the Talgos. I like the slightly bigger seats and the 2 & 1 seating pattern, not to mention the typically shorter checkin line for BC as compared to coach. Plus you also get a coupon for $3 off in the cafe car.

You'll likely notice a different feel to the ride. The cars use a different suspension for one, and then throw in the tilt which again you'll likely notice if you're paying attention.

Personally, I prefer BC on the Talgos. I like the slightly bigger seats and the 2 & 1 seating pattern, not to mention the typically shorter checkin line for BC as compared to coach. Plus you also get a coupon for $3 off in the cafe car.
Thank you Alan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back