Carry-on Baggage on Northeast Regional

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Train Attendant
I'll be travelling from Boston to Washington on the Northeast Regional with two large suitcases that are within the Amtrak carry-on limits. Where on the train can I stow these two large bags and is seeking Red Cap assistance in Boston a good idea? Just moving about with two large suitcases on the train on my own is going to be awkward in general.

Thanks!

Andy

I'll be travelling from Boston to Washington on the Northeast Regional with two large suitcases that are within the Amtrak carry-on limits. Where on the train can I stow these two large bags and is seeking Red Cap assistance in Boston a good idea? Just moving about with two large suitcases on the train on my own is going to be awkward in general.

Thanks!

Andy
There is space for bag storage at the end of each car. Additionally, the luggage racks above the seats are much bigger than they are on airplanes. I wouldn't guess you'd need a Red Cap.

They can be stowed above your seat (the racks are MUCH bigger then on a plane) or there is room at the end of the car.

And yes, I would certainly get a Red Cap to assist you! They can take you to the head of the line (or even pass the line entirely)! And they put your bags on the train for you! Well worth a few bucks tip!
wink.gif

FYI: The "2 bag limit" excludes many items (such as purses, laptops, coats, canes, etc...) - and I have never seen the "2 carry on bag limit" strictly enforced! If you can carry it, you cab bring it on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back