Cardinal question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill

Service Attendant
Well I ride the Cardinal from Cincinnati to Chicago and return about once a year(,I hook up with other trains to go west).

Question is it seems like from Cincinnati to Indianapolis we boogie along just fine,slow down just now and again but after the lay over in Indinapolis seems like we put the hammer down and get to track speed and then slow down and stop for a minute or two in the middle of nowhere and then back to track speed and then slow down and stop in the middle of nowhere for a minute or two and off we go again...anoying..I know there is a reason..just adds to the way too long time to get to Chicago...

Well I ride the Cardinal from Cincinnati to Chicago and return about once a year(,I hook up with other trains to go west).Question is it seems like from Cincinnati to Indianapolis we boogie along just fine,slow down just now and again but after the lay over in Indinapolis seems like we put the hammer down and get to track speed and then slow down and stop for a minute or two in the middle of nowhere and then back to track speed and then slow down and stop in the middle of nowhere for a minute or two and off we go again...anoying..I know there is a reason..just adds to the way too long time to get to Chicago...
I would guess you were behind a freight train and were running to close to him so you would stop or slow down to keep the buffer between you and the freight.

Lately CSX has been finishing up some MASSIVE track work north of Indy. So seemingly random construction related slow orders might be the cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back