Cardinal Extended Stops...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RCrierie

Train Attendant
On the 4th of November (this Friday) , I'll be travelling on the Cardinal from WAS to CIN (with the OCEAN VIEW Great Dome on it); and I was wondering what the designated extended stops for service are on the Cardinal; e.g. I know the Silver Star extended stops at Jacksonville going to NYP from MIA to offload trash and load consumables; so I can get out and take photos of the Great Dome car without having to constantly worry about the train leaving without me.. :giggle:

I'll also be travelling back to WAS from CIN via the Cardinal on the 6th of November as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlottesville is usually crew change stop, and Huntington is also (I think but don't quote me on that one). I know Charlottesville is

I'll be on the train with you on Sunday, I'll be doing the whole WAS-CHI-WAS loop (out on the Cap, returning on the Card).

I don't remember getting off the train at a single stop when I took the Cardinal last year, but that can't be right. The timetable lists Charlottesville and Huntington with separate arrival/departure times, so that's a good guess.

We'll also pick up the extra hour due to changing the clocks. Since we're scheduled at Connersville at 0126, does that mean the "first" 0126 EDT or the "second" 0126 EST?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back