Cardinal Diner Hours

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meat Puppet

Lead Service Attendant
I'm boarding 51 in a few weeks in Charleston, WV at 8:29PM. I have a 4 hour coach ride to CIN before switching to roomette so I am not officially in a roomette at that time. Anyone know what time the diner last seating is?

I'm boarding 51 in a few weeks in Charleston, WV at 8:29PM. I have a 4 hour coach ride to CIN before switching to roomette so I am not officially in a roomette at that time. Anyone know what time the diner last seating is?
Because the Cardinal operates with the limited Diner Lite service, only sleeping car passengers are promised diner seatings, coach is strictly on a "if available" basis, and supplies

on the Cardinal are limited as well.

My advise, have dinner beforehand, and frankly the "heat and eat" offerings are nothing to wait around for.

http://www.amtrakfoodfacts.com/lp.do?sk=C918B8E64A5747AAD04171A1991F6D46918F0C2ED22449B2&EV=2

Ken

When I boarded the Cardinal last November, only sleeper passengers were offered dinner the first night. They got us in the diner as soon as we were out of the station, and hustled till we were all served. I switched to coach at CIN (the opposite of what you are doing), so I do not know if any coach passengers were served at other meals, but I did not hear any announcements about diner meals in the coach side at all.

If you're riding coach...Best thing is to just ask as soon as the train pulls away from the station. If they blow off your question saying sleeper passengers only or "we'll get to coach passengers soon" go back and ask again 30 min later. Squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back