Car Rental Rocky Mount, NC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmthru

Train Attendant
I need some information on car rentals near the Rocky Mount, NC station. The AMTRAK car rental web page indicates nothing available. Would I be better off going farther south? Raleigh is not an option because it would be in the wrong direction I need to go.

No rentals at stations for Raleigh, Rocky Mount or Wilson.

However

budget.com

961A NORTH WESLEYAN BLVD

ROCKY MOUNT, NC 27804 US

Location code RW1

Free pick-up service!

Thank you very much. I knew there had to be rental car availability close to the station. Would you know if they have a discount code with AMTRAK?

Before committing to a rental at that location I called them ask about the pick up service as indicated on their web page. They don't do that because it would require closing the office. Glad I called as it would have been a huge surprise to find out I would have to make my own way to them and back. And they don't reimburse cab fare. :-(

I did indeed reserve from Enterprise. The fellow I spoke to said I only needed to ring them when the train arrived and they'd be there shortly.

I did indeed reserve from Enterprise. The fellow I spoke to said I only needed to ring them when the train arrived and they'd be there shortly.
Just so you know, nearly all local Enterprise offices are open 7am-6pm, and because the employees all work 49-hour weeks, they almost never agree to stay open late. Not sure what time your train is scheduled to arrive, but if you run the risk of arriving after 6pm if the train is late, you may wish to have backup arrangements or appropriately bribe one of the agents into staying late (they're all college graduates and yuppies, so a $20 Starbucks gift card may work wonders...if that doesn't, agree that you'll pay for an upgrade or take coverage if they wait up for you, since they're graded on their sales numbers! :) ).

I'll be arriving on 89 and departing on 80. No problems with the rental office being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back