Car Rental Nearby Amtrak Station Denver?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

priscilla

hi

I am traveling with the Zephyr, and will stay some days in Denver, and my question is: are car rentals nearby the station?

I recall that there are downtown offices for Avis and Budget near the main Denver station; Hertz may also have a downtown office. I'd call and see what is out there. They are going to be a bit of a trip from the temporary station, so you're probably looking at a cab to get there. The agencies were (last time I did this) only open M - F, and Saturday morning. You can drop outside of hours using a drop box.

Another option, RTD has a main station downtown, from which there are express busses to the airport. Might want to check on that if the downtown option does not work out. Tons of rental options at Denver International.

Have a great trip!

hi

I am traveling with the Zephyr, and will stay some days in Denver, and my question is: are car rentals nearby the station?
The day we arrived at Denver, Hertz picked up eight customers and brought us to their downtown location in ten minutes for our cars.Hertz also dropped us off at the station on the return during normal business hours.

I've used the downtown Hertz location. They can be a bit slow to pick you up from the station but it worked fine.

If you don't have luggage you can also walk.

There's an Enterprise on 2255 Broadway and they'll pick you up.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Avis location on Broadway in downtown Denver will pick you up and take you back to Amtrak. We just used it on our July/August trip and they were very quick and pleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back