Car Rental Emeryville Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Glenn

Anyone familiar with Emeryville Amtrak Station know where Budget Car Rental entrance is? Enterprise, Avis and Budget all use the address 5855 Horton, but when looking at that address on GoogleEarth, all I see is Avis.

Hmm I was just at the train station the other day I think it was in the building on the south end of the station which is also a parking garage and condos

Hmm google agrees but the map doesn't show the name budget until I click on the icon while Avis is displayed on an adjacent icon

The Avis/Budget office is just next door to the south (to the right when exiting a train) of the station. It is next to the station's exit of the bus/passenger drop off roadway. The Enterprise is just across the street from the station adjacent to the Subway Sandwich shop. Hertz is located in the Courtyard Marriott a few blocks away, however they will pick you up from the station (and the station is still listed as a service location, however there is no Hertz office on site)

The Avis/Budget office is just next door to the south (to the right when exiting a train) of the station. It is next to the station's exit of the bus/passenger drop off roadway. The Enterprise is just across the street from the station adjacent to the Subway Sandwich shop. Hertz is located in the Courtyard Marriott a few blocks away, however they will pick you up from the station (and the station is still listed as a service location, however there is no Hertz office on site)
I've rented from Avis but I don't remember if the Budget office was inside the same door as Avis.....but I'm guessing it is.

Avis/budget is the same thing in this case. Same parent company.
Yeah - almost all Budget/Avis locations are combined now. I've heard of people who were confused because they couldn't find Budget on a map website, but there was an Avis location listed. I remember having a Budget reservation at Reno Airport. The Budget and Avis booths were next to each other, but nobody was at the Budget booth. There was a clerk at the Avis booth, who asked me to wait, and when she was done she just moved to the Budget booth to handle my reservation. They did have separate terminals, but at the pickup area it looked like they basically rented from the same inventory.

That's not quite like National/Alamo/Enterprise, which are all owner by the same company, but where the operations don't seem to be combined.

I used to work in Emeryville. The car rental locations are in strange scattered areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back