Car number on train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The series is the last two digits of the car number on your ticket. Where I'm certain, I've also indicated if the lowest number is a 0 or a 1.
50/51 - Cardinal - 00's, lowest is 01
You're wrong about this one. The Cardinal only has 1 sleeper, and last October I had car 5000, and next month I have car 5000!
That must have changed when they went from Superliner cars to single level cars, as when I rode it back in 2000 I was in the only sleeper and it was 5001.

I'll update my list with your new info. :)

I'm booked on 11 this summer in 30, that means it's the lowest number, right? Your list doesn't say.
I've only been on the CS once and I was in the 01 car. However, I couldn't recall as I was doing up the list if our car was next to the diner or once removed, so I couldn't declare one way or the other what the low number was. All other's I was either able to remember what car I was in, or it was easy since I had been in the 0 car.

By the way, this is cool, I've bookmarked it. You should "pin" it somewhere.
I'll probably wait a week or two and then cut the post out of this topic and move it over to the Faqs forum.

I'm booked on 11 this summer in 30, that means it's the lowest number, right? Your list doesn't say.
I've only been on the CS once and I was in the 01 car. However, I couldn't recall as I was doing up the list if our car was next to the diner or once removed, so I couldn't declare one way or the other what the low number was. All other's I was either able to remember what car I was in, or it was easy since I had been in the 0 car.

By the way, this is cool, I've bookmarked it. You should "pin" it somewhere.
I'll probably wait a week or two and then cut the post out of this topic and move it over to the Faqs forum.
Cool. I'd be referring to it for sure. BTW of all the trains I'll ride this summer, 6, 48 49, 27 & 11, we'll be next to the diner except on 1. Which isn't really important, except that last year we found ourselves confused about which way the diner was if we couldn't see it thru the vestibule. You'd think we'd figure it out noticing which direction the train was going... :p

Cool. I'd be referring to it for sure. BTW of all the trains I'll ride this summer, 6, 48 49, 27 & 11, we'll be next to the diner except on 1. Which isn't really important, except that last year we found ourselves confused about which way the diner was if we couldn't see it thru the vestibule. You'd think we'd figure it out noticing which direction the train was going... :p
In that case, print out a nice big arrow on your printer, bring it with you, and then tape it to the inside of your room with it pointing in the correct direction. :lol: :lol:

In that case, print out a nice big arrow on your printer, bring it with you, and then tape it to the inside of your room with it pointing in the correct direction. :lol: :lol:
I'll just stick it to my wife's forhead. Will that work? :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back