Capitol Limited

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ray828

Train Attendant
Anyone know when the Cap will get the full consist back? Still only has one engine and no baggage. Amtrak did however add the transdorm back recently.

Maybe someone can fill me in. Why no baggage car and no transdorm? Is this a winter thing or did something else cause this? I'm clueless and riding the Capitol Limited CHI to WAS in April.

Maybe someone can fill me in. Why no baggage car and no transdorm? Is this a winter thing or did something else cause this? I'm clueless and riding the Capitol Limited CHI to WAS in April.
Yes. Winter months see less travelers in which case Amtrak reduces the consist of many trains. They will be returning the normal consist soon as Easter break is near. Especially the Florida trains.

Rode the SWC today from Galesburg to Chicago. Train had 4 coaches and ALL were full for nearly the entire trip to Chicago. I doubt that this train has 4 coaches most of the year -- I think there were only 2 when I rode it in January from LA to Chicago.

Possibly because of the Annual St. Patrick's Day parade and Dying the Chicago River Green events this weekend.

Rode the SWC today from Galesburg to Chicago. Train had 4 coaches and ALL were full for nearly the entire trip to Chicago. ... Possibly because of the Annual St. Patrick's Day parade and Dying the Chicago River Green events this weekend.
It's spring break for many schools & colleges.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back